Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Week 2



The first week of W's life was made up of medical checks, sleeping, diapers, and eating. This week we added crying to our repertoire. Sometimes he has been changed, fed, burped, and cuddled; then finds it necessary to cry. He will cry until he gets tired of it, everyone rests for about 30 seconds. Mom and Dad find hope in the quiet, then he starts up again. This usually happens in the evening, but the good thing is that everyone sleeps really well. We had one night where W slept about 5 hours straight, and that was heaven to us.

Today is W's 14th day with us. I love him so much, even though I'm constantly tired and confused about what is going on.

This morning we got up and had breakfast, went downstairs and I put him in his swing. He didn't go to sleep like he normally does, he sat quietly and looked around. No crying, no "you're a moron hands" he just peacefully looked around. So I started my morning chores, feeding the dogs, cats, sheep, chickens, collecting the eggs. W was alone for a few minutes at a time and never whimpered.

He stayed awake for a long time this morning, some of the time I held him and we listened to a Jack Johnson album I downloaded for him, we went outside for a bit, and then finally he dozed off in his swing. He is becoming more aware of his surroundings, and even looks at one of his toys on the changing table.

His umbilical cord stump fell off last night, luckily on Ben's watch, because I was terrified.

I think he might have purposefully grabbed my finger, but I'm not too sure.
I love this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment