Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Week 3




My little potato is 21 days old today. I really cannot believe how time is flying. My failing memory also helps that. I am going to try to start writing things down as they happen so that when it comes time to catch up with W for the week I am not thinking "I need to write a blog post, but I don't even remember what happened this week!". Well that is what husbands are for, to remind me what happened.

Uncle Steve came to visit after a veteran funeral. It is great to get random visits from my family, but Uncle Steve is very special.

We went to Anderson this week with Rena to go shopping, Wesley was such a good and tolerant baby. We went to at least 5 stores, and he slept most of the time, and demanded the "diet ninny" the rest. "Diet Ninny" is what Ben is calling the Pacifier.

We got adventurous as a family and went to McAlisters for dinner, Wesley only peeped once, then we went to Tractor Supply and Walmart. We learned a very valuable lesson: always take the stroller.

Today W and I went to the Grey House in Starr (where Ben and I were married) and had lunch with Nanny and some of her friends from high school. It was lots of fun, and Esta brought some very cute clothes for W. After, we went to Nanny's house to visit with Papa, took a nice walk with Nanny, and got a pattern for one of my favorite childhood toys. A giant cat pillow that Nanny made me, it was ruined in the basement of our house in Montana, and I've never forgotten it.

I was talking to W this morning, holding him while I ate breakfast, and we were discussing college. He has showed signs of being very advanced, having great head/neck control for his age, his APGAR score was 9/9, and we believe he rolls over when we aren't looking. Next week he will be going to college. This is a joke of course, but really I'm very sad that some day he really will be leaving for college the next week. This breaks my heart, that one day he will grow up and leave me.

I'll try to have better memories for next week. I can't believe I'm still so scatterbrained.

1 comment:

  1. Paige, as I read your comment about already being sad just thinking that Wesley will one day leave for college, I am reminded of my own "new mother" days. It a time of wonderful discoveries, and many loving and happy days spent with your son and husband.
    Kudos to Wesley for rolling over! He is doing great from the sound of it. Also, terrific APGAR score!
    Take all the time you want or need as you begin your future as a parent. The time goes by so fast! Slow down to enjoy each change as he grows, each detail, and feelings along the way.
    I envy you the journey you have started!
    God bless you all, and I love you all.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete